About the Bendigo Branch VAA Inc
· The Bendigo Branch of the Victorian Apiarists' Association (BBVAA) continues its 40+ years commitment and development as an integral part of the Apiary Industry.
· BBVAA membership includes both urban and rural beekeepers, with varying experience levels – ranging from prospective, recreational, small, and large commercial beekeepers; welcoming all.
· BBVAA provides support, advice, and a forum for beekeepers to discuss issues, concerns or achievements, and where required problem solve in a collaborative, supportive environment.
The aims and objectives of the Bendigo Branch VAA Inc.
· Promoting and encouraging improved knowledge and practices of beekeeping.
· Disseminating useful information relating to apiculture and hive management.
· Assisting and mentoring beginning beekeepers through discussion, personal assistance, and the provision of educational and practical sessions such as beginners’ activities, an annual autumn pack-down day and annual field days.
· Sharing knowledge, experience, and learning more about the industry, including the knowledge of the vast contribution made by the VAA, on behalf of all beekeepers, over many years.
· Developing knowledge as to good bee husbandry and ways to problem solve.
· Provision of Q&A sessions and guest speakers vital to promote discussion and debate; with some people interested to discover there are often varying solutions according to the season, the strength of hives, the flora available seasonally, together with the geography of the location and the effect of climatic changes.
· To provide a warm, welcoming, inclusive environment for all beekeepers attending meetings and activities.
· All interested people are invited to attend meetings held monthly at the Lakeside Hotel, Bendigo.
What We Do – 2022 Meetings & Activities
Contact: email@example.com for enquiries or to register for meetings.
President: Shane Doran
Vice-President: Bill Shay
Secretary: Carol Maunder Ph: 03 5446 7911
Assistant Secretary: Stafford Kelly
Treasurer: Max Maunder
Assistant Treasurer: Helen Williams
2021 Meetings: NOTE that proof of double vaccination is essential for admittance to the venue. All COVID restrictions at the time will be adhered to.
Wednesday 17th November 2021 - at Lakeside Hotel Bendigo: 6:00pm - dinner (optional), 7:00pm Face to Face Business Meeting (no Zoom). Please register by Monday 15th November 2021.
Wednesday 1st December 2021 - End of Year Dinner commencing at 6:30pm at Lakeside Hotel, Bendigo. To Register: please RSVP Secretary no later than Monday 22nd November 2021.