AN INVITATION to all Victorian beekeepers to become a member of the Victorian Apiarists’ Association Inc.
As the current President of the Victorian Apiarists’ Association (VAA), I am writing to you to tell you about our association, its history, and the services it provides to the beekeepers of Victoria. I also write to invite you to consider supporting our work by joining us as a member.
1. Founded around 1892, the VAA is the state peak beekeeping body.
2. The VAA negotiates with government bodies to ensure beekeepers best interests are always considered, and has the capacity to affect policy decisions on federal, state, and local council level.
3. The VAA introduced the Victorian Apiary Code of Practice (to allow bees to be kept in urban areas).
4. Provided the catalyst for the removal of registration fees for beekeepers with 5 hives or less.
5. As a member of the Buzz Committee, the VAA worked tirelessly to introduce the new Apiculture on Public Lands Policy currently being rolled out.
6. VAA is a state member body, along with Plant Health Australia, involved with the introduction of the Australian Bee Biosecurity Code of Practice.
7. You receive our monthly publication “The Australian Bee Journal”. It contains full articles about bees, contact details for various beekeeping related services and other publications, and advertising from many businesses supplying goods and services. Members receive one free advertisement per annum to buy or sell.
8. Communication of urgent information is sent out by email to all members.
The VAA’s only task is to support both commercial and hobby beekeepers. With over 5500 registered beekeepers in Victoria your membership helps us gain serious negotiating power.
Please help us help you! Membership starts from as little as $82.00 per annum.
Please contact us by email at email@example.com for all further information or go to our web page www.vicbeekeepers.com.au.
President, Victorian Apiarists’ Association Inc