AN INVITATION to all Victorian beekeepers to become a member of the Victorian Apiarists’ Association Inc.
As the current President of the Victorian Apiarists’ Association (VAA), I am writing to you to tell you about our association, its history, and the services it provides to the beekeepers of Victoria. I also write to invite you to consider supporting our work by joining us as a member.
- Founded around 1892, the VAA is the peak beekeeping body for Victoria.
- The VAA negotiates with government bodies to ensure beekeepers, best interests are always considered. Thus it has the capacity to affect policy decisions on federal, state, and local council levels.
- The VAA introduced the Victorian Apiary Code of Practice (to allow bees to be kept in urban areas).
- Provided the catalyst for the removal of registration fees for beekeepers with five hives or less.
- As a member of the Buzz Committee, the VAA worked tirelessly to introduce the new Apiculture on Public Lands Policy currently being rolled out.
- VAA has a direct link with Plant Health Australia which was involved with the introduction of the Australian Biosecurity Code of Practice.
- Via the members' section of the VAA web site, access to our monthly publication “The Australian Bee Journal”. This contains articles about beekeeping; contact details for various beekeeping related services and other publications; and advertising from many businesses supplying goods and related services. Members receive one free advertisement per annum in the buy and sell section of the journal.
- Communication of urgent information is sent out by email to all members.
- Beekeeping courses conducted by the Melbourne section of the VAA, which is based in Surrey Hills and the Collingwood Childrens' Farm.
- A yearly conference with guest speakers on numerous beekeeping issues and scientific research.
- All VAA executives are volunteers that provide their time for the betterment of all beekeepers and the apicultural industry.
The VAA’s only task is to support both commercial and hobby beekeepers. With over 10,000 registered beekeepers in Victoria your membership helps us gain serious negotiating power.
Please help us help you! Membership starts from as little as $82.00 per annum.
Please contact us by email at email@example.com for all further information or go to our web page www.vicbeekeepers.com.au.
President, Victorian Apiarists’ Association Inc